Friday, January 21, 2011

Prayer for Protection from Daisies

by Joseph R. Veneroso, M.M.

Spare me, O Lord, from a garden overrun by only daisies
a lake infested with nothing but trout and swans
a forest where just maple trees grow.

Deliver me, O God, from a world where
everyone looks like me, talks like me,
thinks like me and totally agrees with me.

In your infinite wisdom, my Lord and my God,
you fashioned the stars, planets, galaxies
and peoples where no two are alike.

Like the snowflakes that blanket the spinning earth
when seasons change and weather varies,
everything on earth reflects your wisdom in diversity.

And so I sing your praises, my God, with many voices
offering all kinds of hymns and songs
sung in different keys and tempos and harmonies.

I bless your Name and power revealed
through countless cultures and varied tongues
and different races and beliefs, a sacred symphony,

a veritable garden of splendid humanity
a motley patchwork of people's faces
creating a holy mosaic to your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment